Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I am so bored when I'm alone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelia

Shelia

I am so bored when I'm alone Empty
PostSubject: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:33 am

Anyway, I've got a few questions.

Why the hell do builders put your air filter thing in the ceiling ??

Why not put access to your attic in the garage ??

Why don't they label light switches when there are 5 switches on a plate ??

Why are the shelves in the closet so high you can't get to them without a step ladder ??

And why do builders only put a cable and phone outlet on one side of the room ??? What if you want to move your furniture ???
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 am

I have a question, too:

Why don't builders put an electrical outlet in a walk-in closet?

We have access to our attic through a door in the upstairs and from the garage - that I can't figure out. Our attic is above our garage. I want to turn it into a room.

The rest of your questions are questions I have too!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:04 am

Anyway, I've got a few questions.
I think I have answers.

Why the hell do builders put your air filter thing in the ceiling ??

~That is the best place for it because the air handler is not taking up unnecessary space in a closet, and because it won't get all clogged with hair as much, from pets.

Why not put access to your attic in the garage ??

~Because if you have expensive stuff in your attic, it is easier to get in thru the garage, if you are a criminal.

Why don't they label light switches when there are 5 switches on a plate ??

~Because they are masosadist assholes with a funny since of humor. Labels are not fun.

Why are the shelves in the closet so high you can't get to them without a step ladder ??

~Because otherwise there would be empty wall space and everyone would wonder what to do in there, and bitch that there weren't shelves.

And why do builders only put a cable and phone outlet on one side of the room ??? What if you want to move your furniture ???

~Easy. Because it is easier and cheaper. Running all of that wire takes "time" and you know how we don't like to spend "time."

Ok, I am done.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:15 am

Easy. Because it is easier and cheaper. Running all of that wire takes "time" and you know how we don't like to spend "time."

>>

and if you want it, then you have to special order it, thus making more money for the company.

please advise.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:18 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Well, I got one more.

Em wants an outlet in the closet but I have one in the toilet room. Why ???

And why would you put an air vent in a closet ???

The garage access to the attic makes more sense because I don't put good stuff up there. I put junk. And when you open it heat escapes heating up your hall. And truth be told, those little steep steps on that ladder ain't the best place to balance valuables.

Gawd, I just thought about that dood that videotaped that woman in Monroe. He got in their house through the garage attic access.

Nevermind. I'll keep it where it belongs. In the hall.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:19 am

please advise.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

I can't. I'm dying over here !!!!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:28 am

Shelia wrote:
please advise.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!

I can't. I'm dying over here !!!!

That makes 2 of us !!!!!!!

Good answers deb, but the attic/access...2 makes sense to me, one inside and one outside. That's why they make locks. And Shelia? Keeping junk in the attic makes no sense either, throw it out! You'll never see it again anyway. (NO ROOM TO TALK HERE!)

Vent in the closet, mildew? Wish I had one, the humidity in there is BAD.

Everything else is spot on, girly!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 8:51 am

BUT BUT BUT, it's my Christmas stuff !!!!

That's about all I have up there. Glenn has junk stored. No telling what.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:21 am

Shelia wrote:
BUT BUT BUT, it's my Christmas stuff !!!!

That's about all I have up there. Glenn has junk stored. No telling what.

Mine was, I gave it to Pamela. Jeff has stuff up there from when his mama lived in this house 35 years ago. Remember the canning jars I offered deb? He even blew that insulation stuff up there over the top of things affraid

There is one thing up there I'm going to get out one of these days. I told ya'll about the birdseye maple furniture Jeff has, well there is supposed to be a head/footboard up there to match....

I've seen pool sticks, boogeyboards, curtain rods, and his ex had old check stubs up there going back years...like 10 years! Not just a few, I mean ALL. That was kinda fun going through I'll admit. She spent $400 a year in pantyhose! In the '90's! Jeff said it was 'cus she never shaved her legs. ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:11 am

BWAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

That's so funny !!!

When my grandmother died, she had boxes of those legg eggs. Remember those ???

Every single pair was suntan.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:42 am

I remember Leggs eggs.

Now I'm worried - we have access to our house through the garage up into the attic.

Please advise. Shocked
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 am

Emily wrote:
I remember Leggs eggs.

Now I'm worried - we have access to our house through the garage up into the attic.

Please advise. Shocked

I WOULD ADVISE BUYING A LOCK! oh shit!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 am

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Don't leave the garage door up and don't leave the windows open.

I just realized we have two windows in the garage. If someone came through them they could get in the attic IF it were in there. Shocked Okay I changed my mind. Maybe it's best in the house.

I tell you what, the space above my garage or the garage itself would make a great family room.

But I ain't cleaning it or climbing stairs. So that idea was a waste of posting time.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 11:19 am

Shelia wrote:
BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!

Don't leave the garage door up and don't leave the windows open.

I just realized we have two windows in the garage. If someone came through them they could get in the attic IF it were in there. Shocked Okay I changed my mind. Maybe it's best in the house.

I tell you what, the space above my garage or the garage itself would make a great family room.

But I ain't cleaning it or climbing stairs. So that idea was a waste of posting time.

I sit around dreaming of ways to redo this house.

Stairs are great exercise! Seriously, I started using the stairs again at work, I'm 3 floors up and the more I use them the better I feel physically. Twice a day...I'm gonna work up to 3 by next month, that's my goal.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:08 pm

See! Toldja so! I was right! About all of the above. Y'all crack me up!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:13 pm

I remember Legg Eggs and I wore suntan too and black

Does anyone remember a shampoo called Lemon Up??

My friend and I were talking about it yesterday.

I loved that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm

I don't remember Lemon Up. I remember Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so bored when I'm alone   I am so bored when I'm alone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am so bored when I'm alone
Page 1 of 1