Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Space Bags?

Go down 
+2
Emily
Debu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:46 am

Anyone use em? Tim got a couple, and I was stoked! Asked for them for Christmas, and one of my buds delivered! I am gonna suck up everything tomorrow am.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:03 pm

I had thought about getting some but in looking at them, I worried that if I put clothes in there, they would come out wrinkled.

I did buy one of those bags with the sucker outers and it's great. You just put meat or anything in them and then use the little tool to suck all the air out and the meat actually stays fresh in the freezer for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:22 pm

I've never tried them but I always wanted to know if they really work.

Let us know.

And Em, meat and suck do not belong in the same setence. Ever.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 pm

I guess it depends on what meat you are sucking.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:32 pm

I don't give a crap if they end up wrinkled, I need room in my closet. This is what I am needing. A dryer can take out wrinkles!

Tim and I bought the meat sucker things, and we love them! Yeah, I said meat sucker! pig
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Well then by all means - they will work for you. I don't iron anything ever. But I do use the dryer to take out wrinkles. I've even been known to wash something again if it's too wrinkled for the dryer to get the wrinkles out. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Ha! I do the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:49 pm

Oh hell no. I don't iron anymore unless it's important to look my best, which it ain't.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Well I do iron ...but only my clothes. ha I started ironing when I was gaining more and more weight. I'd iron/stretch tops so they wouldn't be so clingy and then I felt like my jeans fit better if I ironed them. I have been wearing my nicer clothes since before Christmas. I figured I have them why not wear them. Anyway I don't iron them when I wash them .I run them thru the dryer a bit then hang them to completely dry. I wear a lot of sweaters so I do my laundry . Russell does his and Daddys underwear and sox and shirts. He just throws things in together and does them but I try to be a little more gentle with mine. He started doing some of the laundry when I had all my shoulder surgeries and then I broke my knee cap and couldn't get downstairs to do it so he started doing it all. Since I can now get downstairs I do mine and he does theirs. He also folds his own. Seems like that was all I did ...fold laundry and put away for years. I used to iron his shirts too...then started sending them to the laundry if they were all cotton but then we started looking for the ones that didn't need ironing.
I've seen those bags on tv and thought I'd like to have some of them but never found them to buy. We just have things stored in the basement in totes.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:55 pm

I think my buddy got them at bed bath and beyond. I have them all loaded and will vacumn out the air here soon. It has freed up alot of space in my closet, it is the size of a small coat closet, and that has been a challenge. One of my chores growing up was doing the laundry for the whole family. Lord, I hate doing laundry to this day.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:29 am

Years ago Glenn bought me a press. I ironed everything he and the kids wore, even jeans. I liked using it. It's easy, fast and you can do a basket of ironing real quick.

It doesn't do as fast as hand ironing but it does the job good enough.

I taught my 2 how to iron. Funny, all the girls they've been involved with didn't know how.

Princess Syndrome.

I am a fanatic about laundry. So was my mother.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 4:40 am

Shelia wrote:
Years ago Glenn bought me a press. I ironed everything he and the kids wore, even jeans. I liked using it. It's easy, fast and you can do a basket of ironing real quick.

It doesn't do as fast as hand ironing but it does the job good enough.

I taught my 2 how to iron. Funny, all the girls they've been involved with didn't know how.

Princess Syndrome.

I am a fanatic about laundry. So was my mother.

Well I grew up learning to iron by ironing boxer shorts pillow cases and Mamas' cotton slips and bras. Imagine ironing a bra today. not mine they'd smell like burning rubber. We never ironed sheets but there were those around us who did. WE hung our sheets out so they'd be straight then we folded them when we took them off the line. That was before fitted shets too. But sometimes now I hang my sheets out to dry and fold them from the line ...even the fitted ones. I love to smell sheets that have hung outside. My daughter won't even own an iron. She says if it has to be ironed she doesn't want it. I have several outfits that she handed down because they had to be ironed. They were some she'd shrunk out of and they were too big for me too so I just sent them on to a neice who can wear them. Several still had the tags on them cause she wore one outfit and saw that it had to be ironed so she wouldn't wear the others.
My Daddy had one of those presses but my brother claimed it. He irons his shirts on it. His wife won't iron or can't . I tried to teach my grandson and his girlfriend how to iron something a couple of summers ago but neither learned. I think Christopher has since learned to iron. The girl he's involved with now does things like that. She makes sure he always looks nice. He could care less but she fixes him right up. I think it's cute. hope it stays that way .
I'm shutting up now...gonna go read a book that Rosie sent to me..
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:02 am

Stop Mable. I love reading what you have to say.

I wish I could find an old fashioned girl for Jonathan.

A woman that shares the cleaning

A woman that shares the cooking

A woman that can iron her own clothes

A woman that washes clothes or at least attempts to

He has yet to meet one girl that can do any of those things.

They think working outside the home or taking care of 1 child is enough.

Women's Lib backfired big time. You still need to know those things to take care of yourself yet they are never taught.

I need to find a nice good one like Hummer's daughter.

The only tasks they seem to excell at is shopping and picking out where they want to eat.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:09 am

well girlz... I suck ALL my meat!

Yes, I do. Just sucked some today, in fact.

I have a Food Saver and one of those small ones, made by Reynolds, I think. They are great.

I only iron when I have to. I also use a steamer on some clothes to get out wrinkles or hang them in the bathroom while showering.
I learned to iron from my mom. There was a time when I begged to do it LOL
She used to iron sheets, towels, undies, my dad's work shirts, all of it. I recall her ironing cloth diapers.
I learned by ironing my dad's hankies--back when the men wore one folded in their suit coat pocket. I wasnt allowed to do his work shirts cus I wasnt really all that good at it LOL

I have taught my son to iron and while I do hate ironing, I really like the look and feel of a nicely ironed piece of clothes.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 8:50 am

meat sucker

BWAHAHAHA !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:19 am

wha?????? lol!
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:04 pm

hehhehe....Sheila said meat sucker.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Debu wrote:
hehhehe....Sheila said meat sucker.

How did meat sucker and ironing get into the same conversation???

I love to iron. That's all I got to say 'bout that.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 12:21 pm

I loathe ironing. I love sheets on a line. I will have a laundry line when I have a house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Space Bags? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Space Bags?   Space Bags? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Space Bags?
Page 1 of 1