Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uh.........y'all?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Debu

Debu

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:20 am

Maxx just disagreed with KK. My head hurts now.

As a country we seem to have lost our "moral compass". It's no longer shameful to have a baby out or wedlock, or get an STD, or steal from your employer or someone else....Posted by KansasKris

But why should it be shameful to have a child out of wedlock?

Poor judgement, But shameful? Some women choose to have children without marriage, some women get married to have children, then spend their lives arguing and fighting with a man they no longer (if ever) loved. Who can claim moral superiority?

I come from a very large, very extended family, and have helped raise many children, some of whom, with one parent or another have lived with me and my wife for many years. Some we have helped put through college, some we have helped by allowing them to live with us until they have been able to get on their own two feet and make it on their own. What we can spare we do (and sometimes what we cannot spare)and somehow, everyone seems to make it.

One thing I have never seen is the need for shame to be attached to any child.Especially not because of the childs birth circumstances.

As to STDs, again shameful? The shame should be in not getting treatment, or knowingly spreading it. But in catching one? Who can tell at a glance who is ill or not?

Stealing? Yes, there should indeed be great shame there, For those who steal legally, and for those who steal the old fashioned way. A thief is a thief is a thief.

Somehow, it's morally all right to make it harder for folks to make a living, by holding wages low, and exporting jobs, but its morally wrong to live with someone you love.

For some reason it's morally right to layoff thousands of workers, who have families to support, so your company can increase a dividend payout, while making a billion dollars profit, but its wrong to have a child out of wedlock.

Somehow, it is morally right to deny insurance coverage for a lifesaving medical treatment on "technical" grounds, resulting in the death of a teenager, But it is wrong for two people in love for years to marry because they are not opposites in gender.

For some reason it is morally right to maximize profits on a drug that costs pennies to manufacture, putting the drug out of reach of many low income people, But it is morally wrong to catch an STD from your most recent lover.

You are right, Kris, the moral compass of this country is broken. But fixing it requires an adjustment in our preceptions of what is right and what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:21 am

Oh, she'll go back and kiss his ass and ask him to please forgive her for being so stupid.

When he says the word "lover" I just want to vomit. He gives me the creeps. She just makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 5:31 am

Sad thing is that I agree with his post. I would NEVER tell him that of course. And rhan is cracking me up.
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:02 am

I dont know this guy but he does bring up some good points.

Apparently the term "moral compass" is relative to whomever is using it at the time
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:21 am

Yeah, he is a big time pud. But this post had merit. He probably ripped it.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:46 am

Oh God

I can hardly stomach his words but they are true.

I doubt he raised anyone elses kids though.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:51 am

Shelia wrote:
Oh God

I can hardly stomach his words but they are true.

I doubt he raised anyone elses kids though.

I sort of agree with it. Only prob I have is there are rewards for parents (or baby mamas) that have many kids in today's world, not like in years past where they gave the babies up for adoption or extended family's pulled together. Too many children born today that don't have a chance in hell with irresponsible parents.

Other than that....

Oh, and he says that people that love each other aren't morally wrong...ok...as long as they respect the fact that children need committed parents. Live together but be a home, ya know? No kids involved, fine with me!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:13 am

Adult behavior is fine. When you drag kids into it I will question your behavior as to what's really best for the kids.

A lot of people don't care. They can be very selfish for their feel good selves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uh.........y'all? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh.........y'all?   Uh.........y'all? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uh.........y'all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: