Our Secret Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our Secret Place

Girls only

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weekend plans?

Go down 
+2
Shelia
Rosie
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rosie

Rosie

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:56 am

here are mine"
yikes.

Heavy snow possible
By Beacon Journal staff

POSTED: 05:04 p.m. EST, Jan 08, 2009

The National Weather Service warns that a potential snow storm that could bring 6 to 8 inches of snow to some parts of Northern Ohio is coming.

A Winter Storm Watch will be in effect from Friday night through Saturday afternoon for much of northern Central and Northeast Ohio.

The weather service said snow will spread across the area Friday afternoon and evening with moderate to heavy snow possible at times.

Anywhere from 6 to 8 inches of snow is possible with heavier amounts likely toward the Lake Erie shoreline, the weather service said.

There is also a small chance of sleet and freezing rain.

The National Weather Service warns that a potential snow storm that could bring 6 to 8 inches of snow to some parts of Northern Ohio is coming.

A Winter Storm Watch will be in effect from Friday night through Saturday afternoon for much of northern Central and Northeast Ohio.

The weather service said snow will spread across the area Friday afternoon and evening with moderate to heavy snow possible at times.

Anywhere from 6 to 8 inches of snow is possible with heavier amounts likely toward the Lake Erie shoreline, the weather service said.

There is also a small chance of sleet and freezing rain
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 pm

O M G.

So what do you do when it gets like that ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:22 pm

Me? I would read alot, and make beef stew, and stay in my pjs and slippers.
Back to top Go down
Emily

Emily

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:29 pm

That sounds like fun to me, Deb. I actually used to like snowstorms/blizzards as long as I had enough coke, food, and shit to read since this was before computers.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 2:31 pm

I remember those days from the east coast. I miss em too. But that was way before I had job responsibilities. As long as I could call in, that would be cool.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:02 pm

We just cook up some cold weather food and enjoy watching the snow fall. Then later when it's stopped we go out in it some and clear a path in the driveway. We'll just stay in and stay warm.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 am

If I make it up to your house in the winter can I make snow angels in your yard ??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:44 am

Yes for me.
My sister in law came from La. once in the winter and she didn't even bring a heavy coat. But we found one for her to wear and she went out in it and just sat down ...then she couldn't stand because she had slick bottom shoe...but she had a ball...
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:57 am

That's so funny !!!!

I own 3 coats, none would make it through a real winter.

We just don't get that cold. Well a week maybe but it's not consistent.

I told Glenn if it snowed big enough here for a snow angel, I'll color mine with food coloring.

In my whole life I've made one snowman. He was skinny and had leaves on him.

BWAHAHAHAHA !!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 6:47 am

So what do you do when it gets like that ???>>

we just hole up and ride it out. Doing what everyone mentioned.

Reading and eating! hee hee and the puter.

Then eventually we have to slog thru it all to get back to work and school.
Dig the cars out, shovel the walks...yuck.

It is really coming down right now. I love to watch it.

Our cars are totally covered.

Joey heard the mall was closing at 6 PM tonight.
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:21 am

Rosie how lucky for you ...today is Friday and you're gonna get snowed in for the weekend. Did you make it to see the book man today ?
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:22 am

Man, that would be so awesome!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 7:53 am

I went to the store today and stocked up on groceries. It's supposed to be 27 here this weekend. Very Happy

Okay that ain't right. I would LOVE to see some snow, be locked in for a while, just to experience it for more than a day.

Someday I will.

Hey Mable !!!!

I made those cupcakes

They are FANTASTIC !!!!!

I see I will be making those again REAL soon. TANKS !!!!
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:36 am

Shelia wrote:
I went to the store today and stocked up on groceries. It's supposed to be 27 here this weekend. Very Happy

Okay that ain't right. I would LOVE to see some snow, be locked in for a while, just to experience it for more than a day.

Someday I will.

Hey Mable !!!!

I made those cupcakes

They are FANTASTIC !!!!!

I see I will be making those again REAL soon. TANKS !!!!

They were good to me also. I liked them without any icing . I took the reduced sugar ones and the cake that was 92 made of cupcakes and icecream and everything for a party to the Day Care and even left my camera for them to take pictures ...no pictures. I guess they either forgot or just didn't know how to do it. Oh well I have last years pictures and the cake was the same only it was a different number this year. My daughter made a chocolate cake using diet coke in it for Russell for Christmas. That was good also. She used cool whip for icing on hers ...Fat Free or Sugar Free cool whip has no points. Russell eats a lot of that.
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:24 am

YES YES YES !!!

I used cool whip too !!!!

I WILL make it again.
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:55 am

Shelia wrote:
YES YES YES !!!

I used cool whip too !!!!

I WILL make it again.

What was the recipe????? I got the cake mix but was it Coke instead of water and no eggs or oil? Lord knows where that post is. lol!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:20 am

Here ya go

1 box Reduced Sugar Cake Mix.(Pillsbury is all I can find )
12 oz. cola..diet coke, diet 7 up or what ever you like

Reduced sugar Icing ( It's Pillsbury)

Mix the cake mix and cola ...fill cupcake holder 2/3 full..bake according to directions on box...Use 1 table spoon icing per cupcake.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:59 am

Okay. Just cake mix and soda? What kind did you use? I LOVE cupcakes!
Back to top Go down
Shelia

Shelia

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:04 pm

I used regular coke.

Mable ???
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm

What kind of cake mix? Chocolate? I want strawberry cupcakes. Maybe strawberry and 7-up?
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Debu wrote:
What kind of cake mix? Chocolate? I want strawberry cupcakes. Maybe strawberry and 7-up?

Just what ever flavor of drink you want. I used the reduced sugar mix because of diabetics at Day Care but will use it here too because Russell and I are on WW .
Use yellow cake mix and use a strawberry drink or use strawberry cake mix and strawberry drink ...I used cherry 7 up in the ones I made...
Check our Hungrygirl.com you'll find lots of recipes like this...it even has a place to sign up for a news letter everyday.
Back to top Go down
Debu

Debu

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hummer

hummer

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 1:13 am

Hungrygirl.com, I wrote it down!

WOO HOO!

This is gonna work you guys...let's pull together! Thanks, Mable!
Back to top Go down
Rosie

Rosie

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:30 am

I bookmarked that Hungrygirl site!!

Yes Mable I did get to the bookstore yesterday!!

We got about a foot of snow and we are due for 8-10 more tonight. But they cancelled the storm warning so I dont know if the snow is still due or not.

and then Joey and I grilled steaks on the grill. LOL

I have little bitty patio with my grill on it so it wasnt too bad. We grill no matter the weather.

I lost 2 lbs so far this year.
Weird though==my broken foot leg is thinner than my other one. ??
Back to top Go down
Maboe Shortt

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 9:39 am

Weird though==my broken foot leg is thinner than my other one. ??[/quote]

I've seen that happen when a person had a cast on for six weeks...You had a boot didn't you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weekend plans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: weekend plans?   weekend plans? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weekend plans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our Secret Place :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: